NOTE FROM THE SAVAGE FAMILY
The Savage family’s highest priority is the health of our employees, guests, neighbors, family, and friends. As we do our part to help reduce the spread of COVID-19, you will see a different Wakeda during the 2020 season. We thank you for your support, patience and understanding during these uncertain times. We consider ourselves extremely lucky to be allowed to open for the season (albeit with many restrictions) and we look forward to making the most of things during this stressful and challenging time.
COVID-19 UPDATE (AS OF June 28 2020):
This is our 55th season and we are faced with unprecedented uncertainty. The COVID-19 virus has affected all areas of life as we know it. We are open to all campers (NH residents and out-of-state) with restrictions. Our current policies are based on local and state requirements.
Please see the most current answers to frequently asked questions below. If you have additional questions, please email us at info@wakedacampground or call us at 603-772-5274. The office is closed to guests, but staffed daily and we will answer all calls and messages as promptly as possible.
Current NH guidelines regarding campgrounds can be found HERE
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Will Wakeda open for the 2020 season?
- Yes! We are now open to all guests AND visitors (NH residents and out-of-state) with some restrictions. All guests and visitors must sign a form attesting that no one in your party has any COVID-19 symptoms and that everyone has been responsible by practicing social distancing, wearing a mask, only going into the community for necessities like grocery shopping or work. The form can be found here if you would like to sign it and bring it with you.
2. I have a reservation for the 2020 camping season, and I need to cancel, due to COVID-19. Will I get my deposit back?
- Yes, you may cancel your reservation for COVID-19 related reasons, and you have a few options regarding your deposit. You may select one of the following:
- We can provide you a refund of your deposit minus a 3.5% processing fee.
- You may change your dates to a later time during the 2020 season (based on availability) and the full deposit amount will be transferred to the new dates.
- You may apply your full deposit toward new dates for the 2021 season.
3.Will the Buildings and Amenities/Facilities be open?
- The office is currently closed to guests. We will conduct all necessary business outside on the front porch. Guests MUST wear masks while conducting business with our staff. We have new signage and directions out front. Staff members are inside working and we are happy to provide assistance over the phone (603-772-5274) whenever possible to avoid in person contact. Please be patient with us during these challenging times. We are doing our best to still provide excellent customer service from afar!
- The dog park will be open, but humans must wear masks and social distance (at least 6’ away from other people).
- The playground, game room, and coffee shop are currently closed.
- Mini Golf will be open as of Friday, June 19. Clubs and balls can be rented from the Office when the Trading Post is closed. All clubs and balls will be sanitized between uses. Masks must be worn while playing mini golf. Please keep one green between you and other players.
- The game room and coffee shop are closed. The Saturday night ice cream socials and the Sunday morning pancake breakfasts are cancelled. You can still get ice cream via the window at the Trading Post 7 days a week.
- The Trading Post will be offering window service ONLY for ice cream, mini golf, groceries, wood, ice, etc. This window service will start on Thursday, July 2 and will be open with limited hours daily in July and August. The interior of the building will be closed to guests.Masks are required when ordering at the Trading Post windows. View Trading Post hours here:
- The Wi-Fi hot spot at the Trading Post will still be functioning. However, the building itself will be closed. There are picnic tables scattered around the area (at least 6’ apart) and you are also welcome to sit in your car.
- Mini Golf is open. Clubs and balls can be rented from the Office when the Trading Post is closed. All clubs and balls will be sanitized between uses. Masks must be worn while playing mini golf. Please keep one green between you and other players.
- Wood and ice will be sold outside, near the office, when the Trading Post is not open. Payment can be taken over the phone.
- The playground is open. Children over the age of 3 and all adults must wear facemasks at the playground, per CDC guidelines.
- All bathrooms and shower buildings are open. These building are cleaned and sanitized multiple times throughout the day.
- Only 2 people are allowed in the large bathrooms (Big Building in “E” section and “Little Building” in the C section).
- Masks must be worn while waiting in line, but not while inside. Please wait 6’ away from other guests.
- Both laundry rooms are open. Face masks required. Limit of 2 people at a time.
4. Are visitors permitted?
- Yes, visitors from New Hampshire and out-of-state are allowed. ALL guests must register in the office, get a sticker for their car, and pay any required guest fees.
- All social distancing guidelines must be followed by any day or overnight guest(s). All guests must sign a waiver, details listed above under FAQ #1.
5. Is the drinking water safe?
- Yes. COVID-19 has not been detected in drinking water. Our Wakeda well water is still exceptional drinking water and we will, of course, continue our monthly water tests as required by the state of NH.
6. We are camping outside in the woods. Do we still need to social distance?
- YES! Wakeda will remain open ONLY if our campers follow all guidelines:
- 6’ distancing
- No group gatherings larger than 10 people with at least 6 feet of distance maintained between people at all times.
- We encourage masks to be worn whenever you are outside not on your site. However, they MUST be worn when at the campground office, in the laundromats, at the Trading Post windows, while playing mini golf and anywhere else where you may be in contact with people outside of your immediate family. Masks must cover noses and mouths.
7. Should we plan to pack differently during the COVID-19 outbreak?
- Yes! Please try to bring as much with you as you can in terms of food, supplies, and family entertainment. Many local grocery stores are limiting the amount of people let into the building at one time, which can cause delays. Bringing as many supplies with you when you come will help limit the amount of interaction you need to have with the local community.
- Some family members might want to spend more time on electronic devices. Since we do not have WiFi at individual campsites we recommend that you talk to your cell phone provider to find out about options for having your own “hot spot”.
8. Is Hampton Beach open?
- Yes, Hampton Beach is open with some restrictions and traffic pattern changes. More timely updates can be found at www.hamptonbeach.org and HERE.
9. Can I still make reservations for this season?
- Yes, we are accepting reservations for this season!
- Reservations are required. We are not permitted to accept guests who show up without reservations. Please call us to make a reservation prior to arriving.