General Policies at Wakeda
We ask your cooperation with the following:
- Registration stickers must be visible at all times while on the property.
- Quiet Time: 10 PM to 8 AM.
- Site check-out time: 3 PM; Cabin check-out time: 11 AM. Please check out on final day.
- Check-in time for all sites: 3 PM*
- All guests must check in at office; daytime guests must leave by 10 PM.
- No small children in bathrooms or game area without an adult.
- Fire must be completely contained in fireplace and less than 2 feet high.
- No campfires after midnight.
- No firearms or firecrackers allowed in campground.
- Please do not cut, mar or tie things to the trees.
- Our water supply does not allow for the washing of vehicles.
- Please do not wash dishes at water taps or in restroom sinks.
- Remember this is a family campground, please use appropriate language at all times.
- With the exception of families, all members of a group must be 18 years of age or older to rent a site; 21 years of age to rent cabins.
- For nighttime emergencies, call the office (603-772-5274) for instructions. In the case of medical emergencies please call 911.
- Pets must be quiet, leashed, and cleaned up after.
- Pets must be up-to-date on all vaccinations.
- We love animals, just not in the buildings, please.
- No tents allowed on Pull Thru sites or Cabins.
- Must be 21 to drink alcohol; alcohol to be consumed on site only.
- Site rates based on 2 adults and up to 3 children.
- No more than 4 adults on an electric site. No more than 3 adults on a tent site (extra charge).
- Only one camping unit per site.
- Sorry, no refunds – we don’t charge extra for sunshine and we don’t refund for rain!
- If the site you reserved is open earlier in the day, you may check in as soon as it is vacant.
Feel free to call us the day before or early on your arrival day, for the status of your site.
If you are towing a trailer and your site is not open earlier in the day, you may leave your RV in our storage field (no charge) and check in later.
Cancellation Policy:Click to view our reservation/ cancellation policies.
When you make a reservation at Wakeda Campground, we promise to do our very best to honor your site request. However, we do not 100% guarantee specific sites. Unforeseen circumstances occasionally (though rarely) require us to change sites. We do guarantee you a site at Wakeda if you made a reservation.
1. What is check-in time?
Check-in time is 3pm for all sites and cabins. However, if the site you have reserved is open earlier in the day (and they often are), you may check in as soon as it is vacant. Feel free to give us a call (603-772-5274) the day before or early on your arrival day, and we will let you know the status of your site. If you are towing a trailer and your site is not open earlier in the day, you may leave your RV in our storage field (no charge) and go to the beach, shop, eat... whatever!... and check in later.
2. What is check-out time?
Check-out time for cabins is 11am; check-out time for all other campsites is 3pm.
3. How far is Wakeda from Hampton Beach?
We are located 8 miles from Hampton Beach, which is approximately a 10-15 minute drive.
4. Does Wakeda rent tent sites?
Yes, we certainly do! We have a large selection of beautiful tent sites either with or without electricity.
5. Does Wakeda have large sites for trailers?
You bet! We have a wide variety of full hook-up sites for trailers ranging anywhere from 20’ to 40’+. We offer both 30 and 50 amp electrical service.
6.Do you rent trailers?
We don’t rent trailers, but we do rent camping cabins! Click here to learn more about our cabins (they’re great!!).
7. Will there be a picnic table at my site? How about a fireplace?
Yes, every site (and cabin) has a picnic table and fireplace.
8. Do you have WiFi?
We are happy to provide a free WiFi hot spot available at our Trading Post. Our guests are welcome to check email and Facebook, but our system cannot support streaming movies, music, video games, etc. Due to the rural nature of our property, we cannot guarantee continuous or uninterrupted Internet service. For those guests requiring constant Internet access, we recommend the use of a personal hot spot, which is available for sale by most mobile service providers.
9. Do you have cable?
No, we do not offer cable hookups.
10. Are campfires allowed?
Yes, except when under a specific (and very rare) fire ban during exceptionally dry weather. Please just make sure campfires are completely contained within the fireplace and less than 2 feet high. Campfires need to be out by midnight.
11. Can I bring firewood from home?
Unfortunately, no. The State of New Hampshire has a firewood quarantine in effect, the specific purpose of which is to protect New Hampshire's forest resources by preventing the introduction of a dangerous insect or disease. Firewood from our property can be purchased at the office or in the Trading Post. For more information about New Hampshire's firewood quarantine: NH Division of Forestry
12. Can I bring my pets?
You bet! We’re happy to welcome well-behaved pets (no more than 3 dogs per site, please!) and have a new dog park available to let them really stretch their legs. Please make sure all four-legged friends are up-to-date on their shots and remain leashed when not in the dog park. We also ask that you not leave any noisy pets unattended at your site out of respect for your neighbors. Your canine friends often miss you when you are away and don’t mind vocalizing their displeasure!
13. How many people are allowed on a site?
All rates are based on 2 adults and up to 3 children under 18 (if not camping with parents all site occupants must be 18 years of age or older; 21 if in a cabin). Tent sites with no hook-ups: maximum of 3 adults (there is an additional charge for the 3rd adult) Electric sites and cabins: maximum of 4 adults (there is an additional charge for the 2 extra adults)
14. How old do I have to be to rent a site at Wakeda?
Unless traveling with your parents, all site occupants must be at least 18 years of age. In order to rent a cabin, all occupants must be at least 21.
15. How many cars can I have on my site?
Cabin sites are limited to one vehicle. All other sites can accommodate at least 1 vehicle, an additional vehicle may be parked on site, space permitting. Any extra vehicles may be parked for free in our storage area.
16. Can I put a tent up on a cabin site?
Unfortunately, there is not enough room on the cabin sites to accommodate a tent. A screen room over the picnic table is permitted.
17. Can I put a tent up on my site next to my trailer?
There is a limit of one camping unit per site (i.e. 1 tent or 1 trailer). This policy is in place for everyone’s comfort and to help prevent our woods from looking like a tent city! However, we understand kids often want to sleep in their own tent, so we do allow 1 additional small pup tent on the site, along with the main family tent or trailer, provided it does not crowd your neighbors. Tents are never allowed on the Pull Thru sites or cabin sites.
18. Do the cabins have linens, a bathroom or a kitchen?
The cabins have lights and electricity in them, but do not have a bathroom or kitchen. Please plan to bring sleeping bags and pillows as they do not include linens. Please visit our cabin section to learn more about our camping cabins.
19. Can I request a specific site when making a reservation?
Absolutely! We encourage you to keep a list of your favorite sites so you can request them when you make reservations. We promise to do our very best to honor your site request, however, we do not 100% guarantee specific sites. Unforeseen circumstances occasionally (though rarely) require us to change sites. We do guarantee you a site at Wakeda if you make a reservation.
20. I’m here and it’s raining. Can I get a refund?
Much as we wish we could control the weather and guarantee all our campers glorious sunny weather for their entire stay, sadly we haven’t figured that one out yet! We don’t charge extra for sunshine and we don’t refund for rain, sorry!
21. What are the quiet hours?
Quiet hours begin at 10 pm and end at 8 am.
22. Do you offer trailer storage on the property?
Yes, we do!
- Daily Storage: $5 per day
- Weekly Storage: $25 per week
- Monthly Storage: $60 per month
- Summer Storage: $200 for 4 months (May 13 – October 1)
- Winter Storage: $300 (October 1 – May 13)
23. I have my trailer stored in your storage field, but don’t have anything to tow it. Can you move it onto the site for me?
Yes, we can, provided it’s not a 5th wheel (we move the trailers with a tractor, so don’t have the proper equipment to move 5th wheels). Trailer moves are $15 each way (so $30 to move it on and off the site). Please give us at least 48 hours notice for any trailer moves.
24. Do you have a dump station?
Yes, we do. Use of the dump station is free for those camped at Wakeda; non-camper dumping is available for $10.
25. Are fireworks allowed?
No firecrackers or fireworks of any sort are allowed in the campground.
26. How soon can I make reservations for next year?
Now! We accept reservations one year in advance. Once we open for the current season (on May 15th), we can start accepting reservations for any dates during the following season. For example, during Memorial Day weekend of 2017 you can make 2018 Labor Day weekend reservations.
27. When do you open and close for the season?
We open May 15th and close on October 1st.
28. Do you offer winter camping?
Sorry no, there’s too much snow at Wakeda in the winter!!