NOTE FROM THE SAVAGE FAMILY
The Savage family’s highest priority remains the health of our employees, guests, neighbors, family, and friends. As we continue to do our part to help reduce the spread of COVID-19, you will once again see a different Wakeda during the 2021 season. We want to thank you for the support, patience, understanding and cooperation that enabled us to have a safe, albeit somewhat different, 2020 season. We consider ourselves extremely lucky to be allowed to open and remain confident that we will be able to, once again, safely and successfully make the most of things during this stressful and challenging time.
COVID-19 UPDATE (AS OF May 10, 2021):
The COVID-19 virus has affected all areas of life as we know it. Currently, we can take reservations for all campers (NH residents and out-of-state) for the 2021 season. Our current policies are based on local and state requirements and are subject to change at any time.
Please see the most current answers to frequently asked questions below. Many of these details are based on our 2020 season and have been adjusted for the 2021 season. If you have additional questions, please email us at info@wakedacampground or call us at 603-772-5274. The office is closed to guests but staffed throughout the week and we will answer all calls and messages as promptly as possible.
Current NH guidelines regarding campgrounds can be found HERE
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Will Wakeda open for the 2021 season?
- Yes, we are open to all guests and visitors (NH residents and out-of-state). If you are feeling ill, or experiencing symptoms of Covid-19, you must return home.
2. I have a reservation for the 2021 camping season, and I need to cancel, due to COVID-19. Will I get my deposit back?
- Yes, you may cancel your reservation for COVID-19 related reasons, and you have a few options regarding your deposit. You may select one of the following:
- We can provide you a refund of your deposit minus a 10% processing fee
- You may change your dates to a later time during the 2021 season (based on availability) and the full deposit amount will be transferred to the new dates.
3.Will the Buildings and Amenities/Facilities be open?
- The office is currently closed to guests. We will conduct all necessary business outside on the front porch. Guests MUST wear masks while conducting business with our staff. Staff members are inside working and we are happy to provide assistance over the phone (603-772-5274) if you’d prefer to avoid in-person contact. Please be patient with us during these challenging times. We are doing our best to still provide excellent customer service from afar!
- The dog park will be open, but humans must wear masks and social distance (at least 6’ apart) from others in the park.
- The game room is closed.
- The first floor of the Trading Post will be open for shopping and the outside ordering window is available for those who do not want to enter the building. The coffee shop will be run out of the Trading Post. Face masks must be worn inside the Trading Post and while ordering from the outside window. Please maintain 6ft. distance from other guests. Social distancing must be adhered to at all times.
- The upstairs area of the Trading Post will remain closed until further notice.
- Trading Post hours:
- The Wi-Fi hot spot at the Trading Post will be available, but there will be no seating inside the building. Picnic tables and a new gazebo are available outside.
- Mini Golf will be open 7 days a week. Clubs and balls can be rented from the Office when the Trading Post is closed. All clubs and balls will be sanitized between uses. Please keep one green between you and other players to insure appropriate social distancing.
- The playground is open, please practice appropriate social distancing.
- All bathrooms and shower buildings are open. These building are cleaned and sanitized multiple times throughout the day. Masks must be worn when using these buildings. Please wait 6’ away from other guests.
- Both laundry rooms are open. Face masks required. Limit of 2 people at a time.
4. Are visitors permitted?
- Yes, visitors from New Hampshire and out-of-state are allowed. ALL guests must register in the office, get a sticker for their car, and pay any required guest fees.
- All social distancing guidelines must be followed by any day or overnight guest(s)..
5. Is the drinking water safe?
- Yes. COVID-19 has not been detected in drinking water. Our Wakeda well water is still exceptional drinking water and we will, of course, continue our monthly water tests as required by the state of NH.
6. We are camping outside in the woods. Do we still need to social distance?
- YES! Wakeda will remain open ONLY if our campers follow all guidelines:
- 6’ distancing
- Masks must be worn when at the campground office, in the laundromats and restrooms, inside the Trading Post or at the order windows, and anywhere else where you may be in contact with people outside of your immediate family where you cannot insure at least 6’ of distance. Masks must cover noses and mouths.
7. Is Hampton Beach open?
- Yes, Hampton Beach is open and a robust schedule of events has resumed! More timely updates can be found at www.hamptonbeach.org and HERE.
9. Can I still make reservations for 2021 season?
- Yes, we are accepting reservations for May 15 - Oct.1, 2021!
- Reservations are required. We are not permitted to accept guests who show up without reservations. Please call us to make a reservation prior to arriving.